Register Now

Login

Lost Password

Lost your password? Please enter your email address. You will receive a link and will create a new password via email.

Login

Register Now

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Morbi adipiscing gravdio, sit amet suscipit risus ultrices eu. Fusce viverra neque at purus laoreet consequa. Vivamus vulputate posuere nisl quis consequat.

Viagra or Sildenafil: Which Is Better?

Viagra and Sildenafil are both used to treat erectile dysfunction. Both of the drugs contain similar active ingredients. The active ingredient in both is sildenafil citrate. Viagra is just a brand name for the drug produced by the pharmaceutical company Pfizer. Sildenafil, on the other hand, is the generic product the drug. Pfizer patented the name Viagra in 2013. Sildenafil is the name of the drug which can be produced by any company.

The Difference in Appearance?

Viagra is shaped like a diamond while having a blue color. On the other hand, Sildenafil is just a small white pill. Pfizer patents the appearance of Viagra too which is associated with the little blue pill. It is no different in the chemical composition of the drug; the difference is exclusively cosmetic.

Is There A Difference In Price Of The Two?

Sildenafil is a generic drug which means that it can be produced by any company. This means that the rate of the drug is not controlled by a single pharmaceutical company. This makes the price of Sildenafil very competitive, and this is the reason why the price is significantly lower than that of Viagra. Viagra is a well-known brand. This means that they can charge a premium price while maintaining a fair share in the market. The cost of Sildenafil has however forced Pfizer to reduce the cost of Viagra significantly.

Which Is More Effective?

According to research, 80% of the men who have used Viagra have attested to the fact that the drug works. Sildenafil, on the other hand, has the same chemical composition as the branded Viagra but the product has to be bioequivalent to the branded product. This factor ensures that the product has the same effectiveness.

Are The Drugs Prone To Counterfeit?

The drug has been counterfeited to the extent that only 20% of the distributed product is genuine. The remaining 80% is all counterfeit. The notorious stores for distributing the fake drugs are the online store.

About the Author

Mark Delano is the Managing Editor and handles all day to day operations for HealthyMale.com. He is a personal fitness trainer, nutritionist and avid mountain biker who also enjoys exploring the trails of Arizona. Besides his everyday duties at HealthyMale, Mark is also a guest columnist for several blogs related to men's health.

Leave a reply

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>